Visit the Benzie-Leelanau District Health Department for daily updates on the Coronavirus. Click here for the BLDHD web site.
Meal Assistance for Seniors
1. County residents over the age of 60 in need of assistance can request meals, home delivery, and pickup services through the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) by filling out this form or by calling the northern Michigan Area Agency on Aging ten-county service center at 231-947-8920. Family members who live far away from aging parents/relatives within Michigan may also request a checkup, delivery, meal or friendly reassurance through these services.
2. Seniors can get meals safely in Michigan during COVID-19 outbreak. The State is increasing public awareness
of its food delivery programs. Click on the link for more information.
How do I get groceries or medications during the COVID 19 Pandemic?
Our local grocery stores and pharmacies are working hard to stay stocked. Many of the stores have changed their hours and offerings. They are all providing curbside pickup. See the list below for your closest store. Currently, ShareCare is helping with Hansen Foods deliveries, as other groceries are able to handle their own deliveries. ShareCare volunteers are available to assist other grocery stores as the need arises. Please note - it may not be possible to get liquor, cigarettes, or some medications delivered.
Hanson’s - Suttons Bay - 231-271-4280 - email orders to firstname.lastname@example.org* curbside and delivery.
Bunting’s - Cedar - 231-228-7460 - phone orders for curbside and delivery.
Anderson’s - Glen Arbor - 231-334-3149 - https://shop for curbside or delivery.
Leland Mercantile - 231-256-9030 - email@example.com* - curbside and delivery.
Tom’s of Northport -231-386-5721 - Senior shopping from 7-8 am - no phone orders at this time.
NJ’s - Lake Leelanau - 231-256-9195 - phone orders for curbside pickup and delivery.
Bayshore Pharmacy (Suttons Bay) - 271-6111 - curbside and delivery.
Hometown Pharmacy (Suttons Bay) 271-3881 - curbside and delivery.
Empire Pharmacy - 213-1115 - curbside and delivery.
*copy and paste email address into your email program
Proper technique for washing hands-Cleveland Clinic (3-5-20)
Wet hands with clean running water (warm or cold).
Lather your hands with soap. Rub your hands together for at least 20 seconds. Silently “singing” the birthday song twice is an easy-to-remember 20-second timer tool.
Wash wrists, back of hands, between fingers and under fingernails.
Rinse your hands well under running water.
Turn off the water with your elbow.
Dry your hands with a clean towel or air dry them.
If you used a towel to dry your hands, use the same towel to open the bathroom door to leave the room. Discard the towel in a wastebasket.
Munson COVID hotline: 231-935-0951 if people have questions
211 (see Community Support Information Flyer button below)
If you need assistance finding food, paying housing bills, or other essential services, go to 211.org or dial 211 to speak with a community resource specialist in your area who will help with:
Community Connections (see Community Support Information Flyer button below)
- food and nutrition programs
- shelter, housing and utilities assistance
- employment and education
- health care, vaccination and health
- epidemic information
- support groups for individuals with
- mental illnesses or special needs
- a safe, confidential path out of physical
- and/or emotional domestic abuse
- emergency information/disaster relief
- services for veterans
- addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
Community Connections is a FREE program offering connections to community resources for adults, children and families. Community Health Workers in your local health department will help you access community resources. Please call:
Grand Traverse Hub (1-833-674-2155 ) serves Grand Traverse, Benzie and Leelanau communities.
Northern Latitudes Distillery Hand Sanitizer
In-Store Only at This Time | 80% Alcohol | 4 oz bottles, $3.00 each, limit 5 per customer
Call 231-256-2700 during business hours to order for pick up at distillery only. Curbside available.
Shipping online orders: Keeping up production to meet high demand from our local customers has been challenging. We will keep you updated here with our progress on adding online sales with shipping.
Community Support Information Flyer
CDC Coronavirus Page
Michigan.gov Coronavirus Page
Iamfine.com (Note: Iamfine.com is offering their daily automated check in phone service for FREE to anyone during this global pandemic.)